Skip to main content

A day at the Braves

What a great (and long) day!  We left the house for a 1:30 Braves game at 10:40 and got home around 6:40.  We basically did everything you can at the game.  Toon town apparently isn’t around anymore (it was replaced by a Taco Mac) so that was a no go.  We did speed pitching, hitting, and running the bases.  Oh, lots of junk food too.

We started at the speed pitching.  Henry didn’t register on the radar gun, but his form was top notch.  Oscar was in the high 30s-low 40s and Michael topped out at 49.  Of course, he said he wasn’t loose or he would have been throwing much harder.  Excuses, excuses!

We moved on to hitting and Michael thought he was too cool to hit Wiffle balls, but he should have watched Oscar.  He was stroking the ball right up the middle.  Not bad for a guy that hasn’t played baseball in two years.

Henry had the crowd cheering for him.  He was so serious!

After hitting, we made it out to left field for BP.  Michael made me, and everyone else in the crowd, so proud.  A woman a few minutes earlier had caught a ball intended for a little boy and didn’t give it to the kid.  Needless to say, she heard it from the fans.  The next ball was thrown Michael’s way, but instead of keeping it, he gave it to the boy that lost out earlier.

The crowd praised and cheered for Michael and were all yelling at Brandon Beachy to give the next ball to Michael, which he did.  But then Michael gave it to Henry and totally made his day.
We had great seats for the game in section 106.  It was hot as heck and the chairs burned when you sat on them, but the shade rolled in around the 6th inning, the breeze picked up a bit, and it was absolutely beautiful!
We finished the day off with the boys running the bases.  This was all Henry talked about all day.  Every single inning he would ask if it was time yet.  As you can see from this video, he was motoring around the bases, but the funniest part was the spill that Michael took at 2nd base.  Check it out.

The ride home for Henry was pretty short.  I think he was asleep by the time we got out of the parking lot.  I must say, this has been one of my favorite days with the boys.  I can’t wait to do it again.


Popular posts from this blog

No more trips to Vietnam

Well, last week was a big week for me. I decided to leave FCG and return to work for Coca-Cola Enterprises. I had been talking with the people I know at CCE since late last year about working with them and they finally had a position open up a couple of weeks ago. I'm excited to go back there and work on the business side of the company versus the IT side. I start on Apri l16. I will be working in the Revenue Management Department as the Forecasting & Planning Manager. Essentially I will be the business process owner, facilitator, and coordinator of all forecasting and planning activities within the company. That involves working with all of the regional and corporate business units to ensure that the tools and related processes are thoroughly integrated across finance, revenue management, supply chain, logistics and sales. I will also be responsible for managing all of the support tools and solutions, so I still get to be a Project Manager. This is a big job with lo

Dublin & Beyond

I arrived in Dublin Wednesday evening. Somehow the 1-hour flight from Heathrow made it in 30 minutes. How is that even possible? I'm staying at The Marker Hotel again. I stayed at The Marker when I first came to Dublin two years ago. Back then, it was their grand opening. This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Incredible service (more on that in a bit). Thursday and Friday I was teaching a 2-day Tableau class at the Facebook office. Since I was last here, Facebook has moved into a new office right next to The Marker. Facebook Dublin's new home From the 5th floor looking down at the cafeteria The rooftop has spectacular views of the entire city Thursday evening, my good friend Ivan took me to a local eatery called Lolly & Cooks. We kind of had to go here since nothing else was open. All of the pubs stop serving food at like 5:30pm. It's strange! We enjoyed a light meal of fish before taking on these amazing desserts. I went for the r

Double Chocolate Chip Dream Cookies

If you love chocolate, these are the cookies for you. The name says it all...Double Chocolate Chip Dream Cookies. Indeed, they are a dream! It takes about 10 minutes to make the batter, then eight minutes to cook. You can be eating these in less time than it takes to watch an episode of The Office. To make them vegan:  Use 1/4 cup of applesauce (from Whole Foods in the UK) for each egg Replace the butter with margarine (make sure it's stick margarine) Use dark chocolate chips (you can get a 2KG bag of chocolate chips at Costco).  Unlike last time, when I used tub margarine and melted it too much, use stick margarine and let it come to room temperature to soften. This made a HUGE difference.  They're super delicious! Enjoy!